Monday, October 22, 2012

Brother Love


Thursday, October 18, 2012
Portland, OR
Blessed Jesus,
Thank You for the words to a most perfect song to begin this day. This particular day that represents sixty-two years of my big brother's life. Jesus, thank You for him. The things he has taught me. The love he has for others.
Thank You for Your love that has held us together all these years. And thank You for music that fills hearts and souls and reminds us of Your love for each of us.
Silly as it seems it's this song that speaks to me this morning louder than any other. Brothers (halle-hallelujah), I said Brothers (hallelujah) Now you got yourself two good hands (halle-hallelujah) And when your brother is troubled You got to reach out your one hand for him (hallelujah) 'Cause that's what it's there for (halle-hallelujah) And when your heart is troubled You got to reach out your other hand (hallelujah) Reach it out to the Man up there 'Cause that's what He's there for (halle-hallelujah)
Taking time just now to watch a clip of Neil Diamond singing this song brings even more meaning and Truth to it. It's a humbling true story of an event he witnessed and brings tears to my eyes and covers me with chills as I continue singing. 
Take my hand in Yours, walk with me this day In my heart I know, I will never [even though I too often do!] stray (Halle-halle-halle-halle-halle-halle-halle-halle) Love, Brother Love, say Brother Love's Travelin' Salvation Show Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies, and everyone goes...
Jesus, it's Your love that allows me to see my brother through the eyes of such love. Thank You for being our original Brother Love.
Thank You for loving us as perfectly as You do. Empower, embolden, enable us both to share this incredible love with others. It IS in You we are given “the power to live, to move, and to be who we are” (Acts 17:28a). Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(342 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment