Monday, October 1, 2012

triumph


Monday, October 1, 2012 (2:28 p.m.)
Precious Jesus,
I believe You are doing a miracle in us. Long standing, faulty thought patterns are being brought into question and ultimately changed for the good of Your Kingdom. Thank You!
Thank You for “Aha!” moments that make it seem like all the toil and turmoil we experience will one day lead to Your ultimate triumph. How cool is that!
Triumph. Yes. I like the sound of that. For far too long, Blessed Jesus, I have felt flattened. Deflated. Beaten to a pulp. Day by day since addressing You by name, hope has begun to spring eternal. And would You just take a look at this?
Matthew 12:15-21 in The Message version of Your Word. “[In Charge of Everything] Jesus, knowing they (the Pharisees) were out to get Him, moved on.” How smart are You? Talk about knowing One's limits. You knew just what to do and when to do it!
You continued healing the many who followed You, cautioning them to keep quiet, fulfilling Our Father's words spoken through His prophet Isaiah (42:1-4). “Look well at my handpicked Servant; I love Him so much, take such delight in Him. I've placed my Spirit on Him; He'll decree justice to the nations. But He won't yell, won't raise His voice; there'll be no commotion in the streets. He won't walk over anyone's feelings, won't push you into a corner. Before you know it, His justice will triumph; the mere sound of His name will signal hope, even among far-off unbelievers.”
This very morning, as traffic continued backing up along the freeways taking us to another airport for yet another good-bye, I was praying, “Please God, please God, please God.” Then I remembered to call upon YOUR name and all I spoke to myself was,”Jesus. Jesus. Jesus...” Repeatedly, until we pulled into the slot for offloading departing passengers. Even as we drove away with tears in my eyes and sobs in my chest, I continued calling to You.
YOUR name signaled hope to my weary soul! I knew, come what may, You were in charge. NOTHING was going to go outside of YOUR will for our day! I didn't call Your name as a mantra, or any secret code for hopes of getting my way. No. I needed Your presence with me to keep from being afraid. And You took hold of the situation.
Boarding proceeded as necessary and we surprisingly ended up at the ocean's edge. Thank You Jesus. What a perfect example of the triumph that comes from trusting You above all else. Thank You for Your comfort and Your kindness. Thank You for the hope that comes from the mere sound of Your name. I love You. I thank You. Keep me practicing loving You and calling out Your most Blessed and Holy name. Thank You. I pray. Amen.
(470 words ~ 3:36 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment