Sunday, October 14, 2012

thanksgiving and praise


Sunday, October 14, 2012 (6:39 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,
Thank You! Thank You for love and laughter. Thank You for grins and giggles. Thank You for the fruit of Your Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). Thank You even for sadness and sorrow.
Jesus, thank You for coming so we could have hope. Thank You for Your obedience to Our Father and for Your sacrifice.
As I have searched Your Word, wondering where our focus would be this morning another song started forming in my mind. Just a few words at a time. Thank You for the ability to readily find it.
♫He has made me glad He has made me glad I will rejoice for He has made me glad, glad, glad Jesus, thank You. Thank You that You indeed have made me glad!
♫I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart. I will enter His courts with praise. I will say this is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice for He has made me glad!
Jesus, I get to rejoice because You have made me glad. Thank You. Things don't always go my way. Circumstances often aren't what I want or expect. But then You call me to You. You remind me of the Truth of Psalm 100:5. “For the Lord is always good. He is always loving and kind, and His faithfulness goes on and on to each succeeding generation.”
So many things in this world change regularly. Thank You that You are not one of them. Keep me right with You this day. This day that You have made. This day that I again enter Your gates with thanksgiving in my heart and Your courts with praise.
I love You Jesus. Make me worthy of Your love. Your goodness. Your kindness. Your faithfulness. And all the other fruit of Your Spirit. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(314 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment