Monday, October 22, 2012

anchored


Monday, October 22, 2012 (6:56 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,
Thank You! The more this day unfolds the more of You I experience in it. Thank You. 
Singing I'm alive because I'm alive in You before my eyes were even open this morning is such a wonderful way to start any day. What an absolutely glorious Truth! Thank You Jesus.
Thank You that the next thoughts to come were of my being anchored in You. As I search for Bible verses to support this Truth, I also remember the next song that came was It Is Well With My SoulJesus, thank You for this glorious, hope-filled, Truthful way to begin the day.
Right now I am reading Acts 27, about Paul's sailing to Rome. It was neither a direct journey nor without incident. How very interesting that as I am reading this particular description of a ship's captain and crew mixed in with a storm at sea and a shipwreck, the song I'm Your Captain/Closer to Home comes to mind.
Jesus, I think. I look. I read. I sing. And here in it all there is the peace that ONLY comes from knowing that You are our True Anchor. 
While teaching Your disciples of the expected work of the Holy Spirit (John 16: 5-16) and the joy that was to come after the heartbreak of Your leaving (vs. 17-24) You prepared them further in verse 33. “I have told you all this so that you will have peace of heart and mind. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world.”
Hallelujah Jesus! There are going to be shipwrecks in our lives. We are going to go off course. And it's not always because we've done anything wrong. Right here in The Life Recovery Bible as I read a footnote for Paul's shipwreck (Acts 27:1-15) I am reminded that 'You know the plan You have for us. It's a plan for good and not for evil. A plan to give us a future and a hope' (Jeremiah 29:11).
“But since Paul knew God wanted him in Rome, he was confident he would eventually get there. Similarly, we can be sure that God wants us to make progress in recovery. Yet, like Paul, we have no control over the route we will take to get there. Our faithfulness does not ensure a life without storms or shipwrecks. Yet God does guarantee that His presence and power will be right there with us and that we will arrive at our destination in the end.”
Jesus, YOU are my Captain! My Rock. My Anchor. And You are ever drawing me Closer to Home Thank You Jesus. What a perfect way to start the day! Help me serve You well in it. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(465 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment