Tuesday, October 9, 2012

valued


Tuesday, October 9, 2012 (5:52 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,
This morning the word I have for us to explore is 'valued'. Will You please speak to me about the things we value? Yes, Lord. Speak to me concerning value.
(7:53 a.m.)
Oh and speak to me You did! Thank You Jesus. Thank You that I could go moping around here for days with my head so far away from Your Word and as soon as I ask, You bring me right back in. Thank You Jesus. Thank You.
The word 'valued' took me all over Your Word. Old Testament readings. New Testament verses. Proverbs. All of them giving me hope. Reminding me of the firm foundation we have in You.
I confess to You Sweetest Jesus, I have shunned that firm foundation these past couple of days. My feelings got hurt. Words were misunderstood. I refused to take a chance and expose my already tenuous self to You. How dumb is that!
The One who could help me more than any other thing. The One who will always love me. No matter what. And I chose, again, to try and muscle through on my own. Thank You Jesus that 'Your thoughts are nothing like my thoughts and Your ways are far beyond anything I could imagine' (Isaiah 55:8).
Forgive me my idiocy. You are doing a mighty work in us. You are weeding out old behaviors. Replacing them with new. Keep providing us exactly what we need as we need it. I love You so much. Help me love You better than I do. Continue Your work. Make me pliable. Obedient to Your commands. Remind me of Your Truth and call on my life.
“For my people have done two evil things: They have forsaken me, the Fountain of Life-giving Water; and they have built for themselves broken cisterns that can't hold water!” (Jeremiah 2:13) Guilty!
“Men know how to mine silver and refine gold... But though men can do all these things, they don't know where to find wisdom and understanding... And this is what He says to all mankind: 'Look, to fear the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding'” (Job 28).
In all my stomping and crying, I refused to turn to You for true wisdom and real understanding. I could have. I even knew I should have. Yet I refused.
Thank You that You did not just leave me alone in my hurt and bitter feelings. Thank You that You continued 'standing at the door, constantly knocking' (Revelation 3:20a) until I was ready, willing and able to once again 'hear You calling and open the door' (b) that You would 'come in and fellowship with me and I with You' (c).
Thank You Jesus for Your never-ending love. The love that is to be valued above all else. Thank You for loving me amidst my stubbornness and pride. Thank You for loving me especially when I am so undeserving of it. Thank You for valuing me far more than I value myself and others. Make me worthy of Your love. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(524 words ~ 9:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment