Friday, October 12, 2012

Deuteronomy 32:11


Friday, October 12, 2012 (7:44 a.m.)
Thank You Jesus,
Thank You! I feel SO much better than I did yesterday. Having no idea what was wrong, thank You for the opportunity and willingness to just lay low all day.
Thank You for the smile inching across my face as I look up the meaning of the idiom 'lay low'. It is in stark contrast to the song with which I awoke. Volare meaning 'to fly'. Talk about going 'from one extreme to another'!
So, with all that said... Jesus, what do You want to talk to me about this morning? Contrasts? Extremes? Words to a song? The meaning behind it?
Translated lyrics speak of a man dreaming of painting his hands and face blue after waking from a dream he's sure will never return. All this is said to have come to the lyricist after drinking too much wine, having nightmares and looking at the copies of two paintings hanging on a wall.
Jesus, You are the Author of creativity. A line like then was suddenly swept up by the wind and started to fly in the infinite sky has me thinking of You. Where in Your Word would You have me looking this morning?
(9:02 a.m.)
I'm so glad I asked. AND that You answered so readily. Deuteronomy 32:11. A verse from Moses' Song. Thank You Jesus. Three different translations. All the same word picture.
The Contemporary English Version (CEV) “The Lord was like an eagle teaching its young to fly, always ready to swoop down and catch them on its back.”
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) “like an eagle when she makes her young leave the nest to fly. She stays close to them, ready to help. She spreads her wings to catch them when they fall and carries them to a safe place.”
Wycliffe Bible (WYC) “(Like an eagle stirring his young to fly, and flying above them, he spread out his wings, and took them up, and he carried them upon his shoulders.)”
Even here, I take the moment to notice the pronoun differences in the three versions. Its, he, she. All inclusive. Just like You.
Imagine my delight at having a foreign language song with which I am fairly unfamiliar come so alive for me. Oh! And NOW I find the traditional English translation: Volare (to fly) oh, oh Cantare (to sing) oh, oh, oh, oh Let's fly way up to the clouds Away from the maddening crowds We can sing in the glow of a star that I know of Where lovers enjoy peace of mind Let us leave all the confusion and all disillusion behind Just like a bird of a feather, a rainbow together we'll find
After reading in Moses' Song I see YOU in this modern day version: Volare oh, oh Cantare oh, oh, oh, oh No wonder my happy heart sings Your love has given me wings Ain't that the Truth!
Thank You Jesus for waking me up with another song that I never would have imagined would again take me so lovingly into Your Word. And just as an added bonus, the comment at the bottom of The Life Recovery Bible reminds us “As we go about the rebuilding process, we need to be assured of God's protection and guidance. These precious verses of Moses' song should offer just the certainty we need. God will protect us as we seek recovery and guide us toward a life filled with joy and freedom.”
Just like the song says, No wonder my happy heart sings YOUR love has given me wings Thank You Jesus. Bless You. Praise You. VolareAmen!
(596 words ~ 9:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment