Sunday, October 7, 2012

refreshed


Sunday, October 7, 2012 (7:03 a.m.)
Blessed, Amazing, Incredible Jesus,
Thank You. The other day You refreshed me. You allowed me a completely different vantage point. I saw and thought differently than I ever have before.
I swam again in Your ocean. I steered a boat through a harbor. I watched sea life maneuver themselves in and out of the water. I walked. I shopped. I read. All the while taking in beauty. And then it hit me...
This world is not our home! I've heard and read of the many mansions in Your Father's house (John 14:2) and the people of faith who “agreed that this earth was not their real home” (Acts 11:13). Jesus, this was the first time I truly knew that I am 'not of this world'!
It was one of those “Aha!” moments. All the teachings and learnings through the years came together in an instant of peaceful refreshment.
With all the trips my dear husband plans and we take together, to think of seeing our everyday surroundings through the eyes of a visitor was something new to me. This world is not our home! My mind still boggles over it.
There is so much peace and wonderment as I reflect on what this means. Continue Your work in me that I will come to live each moment as one who is truly just passing through. I want to travel light. Unencumbered by the loads I so readily shoulder without even considering them.
You refreshed me to a degree I have not experienced before. There is new strength to the hope I have in You. Hope for the place You have gone to prepare for me (John 14:3a). Hope for when it is ready and You come again and receive me to Yourself; that where You are, there I may be also (3b).
Jesus, thank You. Enable me to truly discard the things that keep me bound to this world. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(331 words ~ 11:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment