Friday, August 31, 2012

fifteen minutes later


Thursday, August 30, 2012 (6:21 a.m.)
Most Generous God and Father,
Here we are again. Fifteen minutes later than when I first sat down with You. There was a sunrise to see and color not to be missed. [And an untitled document that I wish I had ‘saved’ J]
Just as I had begun before, I was thanking You for the many things You so freely give to us. Your generosity is beyond my comprehension. And Your greatest gift of all? The True Love You so generously, mercifully and graciously provide.
That’s exactly where the song had begun before. I’m changing the words here to intensify the sentiment. YOU give to us so we’ll give to You TRUE Love, TRUE Love And on and on it will always be TRUE Love, TRUE Love
All this week I have worked a little here and a little there in starting a prayer, reading some verses, thinking I know where I’m going the rest of the day and being somewhat frustrated at the end. This morning Dearest Generous Father I am asking Your guidance. Your perfect time management skills. Your goodness. Your grace. And especially, Your TRUE Love.
Father God, You are so incredibly good to us. Starting back last Saturday You called me to ‘listen’ and to know that You alone art God. This led me to Deuteronomy 6 and A Call to Love God. Oh that I could/would love You as I should!
Isn’t it incredible [how else are You!] that as I go back into this particular chapter right now it is talking about the importance of loving You with ALL our heart, soul, and might? This chapter spells out the warnings and dangers of forgetting You and serving other ‘gods’. It also is filled with the importance of teaching our children to love You as well.
Father, You are first and foremost. You ARE! And if this is really true, how is that I keep getting sidetracked? Running off here and there to the too many things I think have to get done. Thank You that You are ALWAYS here to remind me.
And isn’t that the perfect segue into yet another song? I walk along the many streets You always walk along with me, And every step I take recalls how much in love we’ll always be. Oh, how can I forget You? When there is ALWAYS something here to remind me… I was born to love You, and I will always be free ‘Cause You’ll always be a part of me [Several words were changed here to fit Your Truth!]
Another example of the sidetracking rabbit trails I am prone to these days is yesterday when I so abruptly left our time together to rush out the door to other things. There was a song that was so appropriate to the beginning of the day AND a verse to match it. I listed neither and I thank You profusely right now for reminding me again of what they were.
Lord of all creation Of water, earth and sky The heavens are Your tabernacle Glory to the Lord on High God of Wonders beyond our galaxy You are holy, holy The universe declares Your majesty You are holy, holy… Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth
Yes Father! Hallelujah to You! The Truth of this song was so perfectly appropriate to the beauty and majesty of yesterday’s early morning sky. Before leaving our time so suddenly yesterday Ephesians 5:8-10 struck it’s chord with me. Living as a Child of the Light, “You groped your way through the murk once, but no longer. You’re out in the open now. The bright light of Christ makes your path plain. So no more stumbling around. Get on with it! The good, the right, the true – these are the actions appropriate for daylight hours. Figure out what will please Christ, and then do it.”
Oh most dear and blessedly generous Father, help me do exactly that! Show me, guide me, instill Your mighty power within me that I would know, TRULY know what and how to accomplish exactly all You have for me this day.
There is SO much I could get lost in doing. Make Your path clear to me that I would not stumble around. I love You so incredibly much and I desperately want to serve You well. Empower and embolden me in this regard. I love You. I thank You. I ask You. I seek You. And I praise You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(755 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment