Tuesday, August 7, 2012

hotter


Tuesday, August 7, 2012 (6:27 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
Thank You. I honestly don’t know what else to say. It’s hot. Hotter than it’s been this summer. And it just doesn’t seem like I should come to You talking about the weather. Yet here I am. Doing exactly that.
(6:57 a.m.)
I like when You accept exactly what I have to offer. I tried so hard to come up with something more significant to discuss with You. All that time I spent thinking this was nonsense yet Your Word tells me differently.
In Psalm 39 David described how the fires inside himself grew hotter as he attempted to stay quiet and quit complaining about the ungodly around him. “But as I stood there silently the turmoil within me grew to the bursting point. The more I mused, the hotter the fires inside. Then at last I spoke and pled with God: Lord, help me to realize how brief my time on earth will be. Help me to know that I am here for but a moment more. My life is no longer than my hand! My whole lifetime is but a moment to You. Proud man! Frail as breath! A shadow! And all his busy rushing ends in nothing. He heaps up riches for someone else to spend. And so, Lord, my only hope is in You” (2-7).
How refreshing it is for me that even a simple comment about the weather can take me into Your Word to the reminding Truth that our only hope IS in You!
Thank You Father. Thank You that even James used a hot summer sun to illustrate a point to Jewish believers so very many years ago. “As the sun rises and gets hotter, its heat dries up the plants, and the flowers fall off. The flowers that were so beautiful are now dead. That’s how it is with the rich. While they are still making plans for their business they will die” (James 1:11).
It is the Truth of these words and the weather forecast for today that takes me again to Your mighty and holy Word. Psalm 90:12, “Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should.” Hot or not! Help us to spend our days as YOU would have us.
I love You Lord. It’s hot and still I thank You! Amen.
(401 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment