Tuesday, August 7, 2012

unsure


Monday, August 6, 2012 (6:53 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
I’m not sure
(8:03 a.m.)
That is exactly right! I AM unsure! Thank You that even in a beginning context such as that, Your Truth immediately rings through.
I thought I was going to explore Psalm 23:6 with You this morning. That is what I come here planning to do. Then I got off track by more than just a little bit. Pastor Ed referred to it yesterday as following rabbit trails.
Thank You that as soon as I was ready to come back here You knew exactly where I needed to go. Well actually, You know everything long BEFORE I’m ever ready, don’t You! Thank You for that as well blessed Father.
Turning to 1Corinthians 2:3-5, I read again that the apostle Paul “was unsure… and felt totally inadequate”. The apostle Paul, mind You! Thank You Father.
Throughout this particular book he affirms Your Spirit and Your power as the true source of His message. Father I keep getting lost in what it is that I imagine You would have me do with every aspect of my life.
I get very excited, AGOG if You will, with what I think is Your plan and Your will for me. Then I doubt. Become unsure. Uncertain.
Today Blessed Father, I ask that You would bless and keep me on YOUR path. Take the doubt I create in my own mind and thresh and filter it through Your perfect plan for me. Leave me with what You know I need to accomplish Your will.
I love You. I trust You. And the only thing I want to be unsure about is everything that does not have You at its core. Guide and protect all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) this day as You direct me to serving You as You wish. I love You Father. Amen.
(315 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment