Friday, August 3, 2012

safety


Friday, August 3, 2012 (6:50 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
Thank You. Thank You. Thank You! I went to bed last night unable to get to sleep. My thoughts kept coming back to five very little kids and one giant, great big swimming pool.
I was out of ideas. I didn’t know how I would approach today’s lesson of keeping all of them safe in and around the water. I prayed. I asked You. And then I slept. Soundly. Peacefully. Restoratively.
Thank You Father. The first thoughts that came to mind this morning had to do with incorporating their grown-ups into the lesson.
(9:08 a.m.)
And for several of these past hours I have searched the words ‘incorporate’, ‘include’ and ‘integrate’. Rather than spend more time on my own I ask You instead to guide me in my prayer and my approach today. I’m asking for THE verse You would have me cling to this day.
My thoughts are already ahead of me to the late afternoon. Show me in Your Word that what I’m thinking is Your Will and Your plan.
(9:42 a.m.)
And with that prayer I sit filling with Your peace that yes indeed today we will focus on safety. I ask You Father to guide our lessons today. Allow me to instill in these children and their accompanying grown-ups the paramount importance of always being cautious. Show me Lord God how best to encourage ‘simple and fun experimentation in and around the water’ to this particular family today.
It was Micah 4:4 in The Message that ended my search for a verse on safety. The hope of Your temple being firmly fixed on the mountain (v. 1) and nations no longer fighting (3) settles my soul. Reading verse four and then turning to read much the same words by Isaiah (2:2-4) I am so uplifted. “Each man will sit under his own shade tree, each woman in safety will tend her own garden. God-of-the-Angel-Armies says so, and he means what he says.” I trust You Father. I trust You to lead me. To guide me. And to do exactly what You know is best.
Take this day and accomplish through me exactly what You desire. I love You and long to be used by You. Thank You. Amen.
(382 words ~ 10:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment