Friday, August 31, 2012

learning Truth


Monday, August 27, 2012 (7:55 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
While on Saturday You had me learning more about listening, yesterday You taught me more about learning. Speak to me much more about this today. Yes Dear Blessed Father, there is so very much for me to learn. To practice. To put into practice. And to become.
Father, these past few days I’ve been able to hear myself. REALLY hear the complaining and whining. Not the least bit attractive. Not at all! Yesterday You helped me find the Truth I was looking for in Your Word.
Proverbs 15:1, “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words cause quarrels.” Even in finding this one Truth, there is so much more to be gleaned from the surrounding chapters and verses. Help me learn, practice and apply the Truth of Your Word Most Blessed Father.
“Disaster strikes like a cyclone and the wicked whirl away. But the good man has a strong anchor” (Proverbs 10:25). The comment accompanying this Truth tells that an anchor will never stop the storm, but it will hold us firmly from drifting off to destruction. It challenges us to be content and to learn what God is teaching us through it. Thank You Father.
“Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel” (11:17).
“Some people like to make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise soothe and heal” (12:18). “Anxious hearts are heavy, but a word of encouragement does wonders!” (v.25)
“A wise man controls his temper. He knows that anger causes mistakes. A relaxed attitude lengthens a man’s life; jealousy rots it away” (14:29-30).
“Gentle words cause life and health; griping brings discouragement. A wise man is hungry for truth, while the mocker feeds on trash” (15:4,14).
There is so very much for me to learn here. How I ask that You would do in and through me all that is necessary to make this learning complete. I long to be a woman who speaks Truth kindly, gently, in love. Help me Father. I desperately need You in this.
Thank You for always being here to teach us. Improve and empower my learning process I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(372 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment