Friday, August 31, 2012

indifference


Tuesday, August 28, 2012 (5:59 a.m.)
Awesome Glorious Omni God,
How long has it been since I’ve actually gotten up, come to the window and watched the morning sky with You? Forgive my laziness. And apathy.
Thank You Father for the willingness to come out here. To actively seek You. Thank You for the desire to sit through the rather slow, bland opening of the day. The clouds were mostly gray, with just a hint of texture against an almost yellow sky. Not at all what I was hoping.
But then it happened! Such an intense shade of fiery pink that I gasped. Loudly. Blessed Father, it was gorgeous! Extraordinary. And I was here to see it. Thank You.
Thank You for the reminder verse this morning. Without meaning to I have become quite Laodicean. Lukewarm. Halfhearted. Indifferent. Which took me directly to Revelation 3:19. “I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.”
Reading there I went up to verse fourteen and down to twenty-one. I don’t claim to fully understand it all but I do know I don’t want to continue being ‘stale’, ‘stagnant’ and ‘make You want to vomit’ (v.16 MSG).
Verse eighteen tells me to buy my gold from You, “gold that’s been through the refiner’s fire” so I would be rich. It also advises that I buy my clothes from You as well, “clothes designed in Heaven” so I will no longer go around half-naked. It’s the medicine for my eyes that I am requesting. Medicine so I “can see, really see.”
Today Blessed Lord Jesus. This very day, as You stand at the door and knock, let me hear You call and open the door (v. 20). Let me look at You. Turn from my indifference. About face! And run after God! (19). Enthusiastically.
It is said that You are able to do for me that which I cannot do for myself. It is this I pray. Let me live at my best. For You!
I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(344 words ~ 8:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment