Sunday, August 5, 2012

a-m-a-z-i-n-g!


Sunday, August 5, 2012 (7:34 a.m.)
Most Incredible Father God,
Thank You once again! Yesterday I used the word “amazing” more times than I can count. For the most part, it was in regards to a six-year-old girl who seemed to have all her swim lessons come together in one giant, great big “Aha!” moment.
Somehow all the bubble blowing and splashing we have done through the years just ‘clicked’ for her and there she was… this incredible, a-m-a-z-i-n-g swimmer. I saw it in her arm strokes first. So strong and accurate were they that I asked if she had been watching the Olympics. Pause. Invisible question mark over her head, then “No” came the answer.
Next I noticed the sheer playfulness in her eyes. No fear. No reason to be the least bit afraid. She knew that she knew exactly what she was doing. From remembering to blow her bubbles upon surfacing to splashing me dead on in the face as her reward the giggles said it all. She was having an amazingly fun and carefree time in the water.
Her own curiosity literally took her to new heights [and depths]. With only a smattering of coaxing from me, she went from shouting, “Cannonball!” and flinging herself from inside the pool to standing upright on the side and doing the same. Her elation upon reaching the bottom of the pool was infectious to say the least!
Father God, the excited look on her face, her ability and the confidence with which she approached it all are something I am asking You to allow me to remember always. She was ready. It was obvious. I got to be a part of it and it truly was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Thank You.
I believe You have so much more for me to learn from this experience than just the absolute JOY I feel for having been witness to it. Speak to me this morning about all You would have me take from this event.
There is a verse in Luke (5:26) after Jesus healed a paralyzed man. “Everyone was gripped with great wonder and awe, and they praised God, exclaiming, ‘We have seen amazing things today!’” But it’s Psalm 126 I keep coming back to.
You delivered Your people from captivity and they were filled with laughter and joy. That is EXACTLY what I witnessed yesterday! A little one was completely freed from any fear. She absolutely trusted how her body would respond to the water in every given sense. I want freedom like that Most Holy God! Absolute trust that allows me to say along with Your Jewish exiles, “We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, ‘What amazing things the Lord has done for them. Yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us! What joy!’” (Psalm 126:2-3)
What joy indeed! What a-m-a-z-i-n-g joy! Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(489 words ~ 8:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment