Saturday, August 4, 2012

challenging


Saturday, August 4, 2012 (6:56 a.m.)
Awesome, Awesome God,
Thank You! Yesterday afternoon I used the word “challenged” to describe the lesson I was preparing for. I was absolutely challenged in the most rewarding, satisfying, inspiring and very good way. Thank You Father!
Thank You for this opportunity to thrive in what I love doing most in the world – playing safely with others in and around the water. You helped me take the time to think and prepare ahead for the fun to come. And fun was definitely had. As was safety! Thank You.
Blessed Father God, it was that preparation which motivated us to take care of several long-standing projects around here. We worked well together and completed much. Rather effortlessly at that! Again, this was You. Working in and through us. Thank You God.
Thank You too for another challenge. According to The Message’s version of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount, “You’re familiar with the old written law, ‘Love your friend.’ And its unwritten companion, ‘Hate your enemy.’ (Matthew 5:43) I’m challenging that. I’m telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves” (44-45a).
Father I was challenged the other day. Challenged to find a way to be safe and have fun with a wonderful group of people. You reminded me to meet that challenge with the energies of prayer and I did get to once again work out of my true self, my God-created self.
Today I ask again that You would continue Your work in unfolding (blooming, blossoming, thriving) me into the woman You have for me to be.
I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You to accompany me into every challenge today has to offer. Thank You. Amen.
(323 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment