Friday, August 24, 2012

adoration


Friday, August 24, 2012 (7:08 a.m.)
(9:42 a.m.)
Blessed Lord,
Let’s finally get started. I love You. And thank You. And long to worship and adore You.
Would you just look at that? I ‘put it out there’ and the music started right away. O Come, Let Us Adore Him originally from O Come, All Ye Faithful A little early for Christmas music but absolutely spot on for adoration and praise.
Mm. A look in Your Word and the anxiousness with which I began this approach to You has been calmed by a wave of Your blessed peace rushing over me. Thank You for Your willingness to meet me at every call upon Your name.
Even yesterday, in the midst of sheer frustration, “Jesus” slipped out of my mouth in the most unflattering way. It didn’t take much time at all for me to recognize my desperate need for You. Right then and there in that particular moment of exasperation, You settled the vicious storm brewing inside me. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You!
Thank You for ALL the seemingly negative situations that are taking place in and around me. Thank You for the opportunity to set them all aside for this much needed time alone with You.
You Blessed Savior are righteous. And I long to call upon Your holy name in adoration so much more than in times of irritation.
When You spoke to the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4) You accepted her exactly as she was. You told her that God is not concerned with the externals of religion. Your words to her then speak loudly to me now.
“It’s who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That’s the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before Him in their worship. God is sheer being itself – Spirit. Those who worship Him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration” (John 4:23-24).
It is my deepest, truest desire to worship and adore as You so rightly deserve. Let that be who I really, truly am. I love You so very much. And I thank You. Amen.
(381 words ~ 10:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment