Monday, August 20, 2012

"Thank You"


Saturday, August 18, 2012 (6:49 a.m.)
Awesome, Wonderful, Powerful God,
Thank You. Still this morning I am feeling a sense of sadness and I believe fully that “No matter what happens, [we are to] always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus” (1Thessalonians 5:18).
(8:02 a.m.)
So tell me Blessed Father, what is one to do when she is saying the ‘right’ words [“Thank You”] but not feeling them? Thank You for reminding me just now that "feelings aren’t facts". I’ve been taught again and again to go with the facts and the feelings will follow. So I continue thanking You.
And I AM grateful! I know that. There are tiny little things that pop up all over the place to remind me to smile and say “Thank You”. So I’m asking You Dearest ‘Dad’, help me move up two more verses in this letter Paul wrote to the Believers in Thessalonica. Verses 16 and 17, “Always be full of joy. Never stop praying.”           
These are two more things I cannot do on my own. So I look again to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment