Friday, August 17, 2012

"use this"


Friday, August 17, 2012 (6:50 a.m.)
Blessed, Beloved Father God,
I am here asking Your blessing on a situation. A window was broken during a game of golf and I’ve been “Poor Thing”-ing it ever since. I mean how else does one offer support for someone when something so unexpected happens?
The answer to that very question came equally unexpectedly at 5:38 this morning. That’s when my “Poor Guy” mantra changed to “Use this Lord, even this.”
(7:59 a.m.)
Father God, no one I know wants to have to pay the price for an accident. It’s one of those things that happen. How I thank You for putting me back to the “in ALL things give thanks” (1Thessalonians 5:18) mindset. I confess to wallowing for awhile in the unfairness of it all. [I know, I know, “fair is a place we go to judge hogs” J]
All this has worked together to bring me again to Isaiah 38:16. And that in turn has me once more reading about Old Testament history and prayer.
Most Beloved Father God, how I truly thank You for Your love. Your mercy. Your grace. You alone art God and I for one am grateful! Thank You for the freedom You have provided us in even approaching You in the first place. Forgive me every single time I take that very gift for granted.
Forgive my whining. And my sense of sadness for a circumstance I truly do not understand. Use it to Your good and Your glory Most Blessed God and Father. As King Hezekiah prayed when asking You for a miracle concerning his health, “Lord, use this hard time to make my spirit live again. Help my spirit become strong and healthy. Help me become well! Help me live again!”
Oh yes Dearest Father God. Let me learn to bring every seemingly hard time to You asking only that You “use this”. Blessed Lord and Father I love You so very much. Thank You for the opportunity and privilege of bringing every turn of events to You. Thank You. Bless You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.
(353 words ~ 8:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment