Wednesday, August 22, 2012

PRAISE!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 (9:29 a.m.)
Awesome, Wonderful, Powerful Father God,
Thank You! Six hours ago I woke up and started in thinking right away. Almost immediately a word came to mind. A command, if You will. PRAISE!
Without much thought at all I started singing the Doxology from my youth. Praise God from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him, all creatures here below; Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen.
Now that’s the way to start one’s day! Thank You Father. Thank You for that thought. That song. And the acronym that came straight from it. Positive Remembrances Allow Intimate Soul Enhancement.
Father, I confess to feeling so unmercifully confused here of late. I can’t figure out why it is that I refuse to get with the program of taking care of things. My work ethic is still intact. It’s the motivation that is missing. For every single thing I think I may or may not want to do, I ask myself “WHY?” “What difference will it make?”
I don’t know if I’m being rebellious. Or stubborn? Or if there is any wisdom that is being hatched here.
I don’t even want to spend anymore time trying to figure it out. Truly Father, I just want to praise You! Praise You! Praise You in the morning, praise You at the noontime. Praise You. Praise You. Praise You when the sun goes down And as I learn to do that better than I have been, I ask that I would also learn to love and serve You better as well.
Ephesians 1:3 is listed as the verse related to the Doxology I sang earlier. As I read it in The Life Recovery Bible, I read through verse six and the accompanying comment as well.
“How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every blessing in heaven because we belong to Christ” (v.3). “Now all praise to God for His wonderful kindness to us and His favor that He has poured out upon us because we belong to His dearly loved Son” (v.6). Oh, that I would learn such praise Blessed Father. It is truly my heart’s desire. Work in me that I would!
The comment at the bottom of the pages reiterates the fact that You alone are ‘sovereign’ (supreme in power) over all the details of our lives. I don’t know if that’s what it is I continue struggling with. Where I’ve fought all these years for this circumstance or that injustice, now I feel as if I’ve just resigned that whatever is going to happen is going to happen whether I care and become involved or not.
YOU, alone, know the confusion taking place in my heart. You alone are sovereign. I trust You. I depend on You. I ask You to do in and through me that which I cannot do for myself. Show me when to care and exert myself and when to rest and let things go. “YOU do it!” Blessed Father and I will remember to Praise You.
Thank You for this blessed reminder. Thank You that just like that another song has started. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! O what a foretaste of glory divine. Heir of salvation, purchase of God, Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood. This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior all the day long
Yes Father. Without even knowing it… there’s that word again! Praise You. Praise Him. And the praise the Holy Spirit too. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(602 words ~ 10:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment