Thursday, August 9, 2012

incredible inspiration


Thursday, August 9, 2012 (7:07 a.m.)
Incredibly Wonderful Father,
Thank You. A flash of inspiration from You last night and a near four year old is now traveling all over the pool on his back.
I used the word amazing so many times last week that a different word was definitely needed for this incredible feat. Father God, thank You that I got to be witness to such a thrill.
I don’t wish to take Job 32:8 out of context to meet my circumstance. “But there is a spirit in man, and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding” (KJV). YOU gave me the inspiration last night. YOU did this Lord.
I got to be a conduit for such an exceptionally simple and fun experiment in the water. And I thank You.
Looking at other translations of this same verse I am reminded that it is not my age, nor my experience that is allowing these itty-bittys to become so much more water safe than before. Father God, thank You. Thank You for inspiring me. Thank You for using me to teach others.
Thank You for the Truth found in Your Word. The Contemporary English Version says very simply, “Now I truly realize wisdom comes from God.”
It was Elihu (son of Barakel the Buzite) that told Job and his friends, “I’m a young man, an you are all old [ouch! J] and experienced. That’s why I kept quiet and held back from joining the discussion. I kept thinking ‘Experience will tell. The longer you live, the wiser you become.’ But I see I was wrong – it’s God’s Spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty One, that makes wise human insight possible. The experts have no corner on wisdom; getting old [ouch! J] doesn’t guarantee good sense. So I’ve decided to speak up. Listen well! I’m going to tell you exactly what I think” (MSG).
Father God, I’ve worked with people in the water for a good many years. Decades actually. Thank You that the excitement I have in watching them become much more fishlike continues to grow with each success. Thank You that You are truly the God of inspiration.
Today, again, I ask You to provide me the inspiration needed to help these young ones and their parents become evermore safe in and around the water. I love You Father. And I thank You. Amen.
(402 words ~ 8:14 a.m.)



No comments:

Post a Comment