Tuesday, August 21, 2012

turn


Tuesday, August 21, 2012 (7:48 a.m.)
Most Glorious, Awesome, Wonderful Father God,
THANK YOU! My first thoughts this morning? “Worship.” “Praise.” “Bless.” And almost immediately the music started.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace
Right now I’m so excited [AGOG! J] I don’t know which thought to offer next. My original plan was to launch right in with the song that came practically simultaneously with the first. But now I have exciting Bible verses to explore as well.
Your Word always trumps earthly music! 2Corinthians 4:18 speaks to encourage disheartened believers. Paul knew Your Spirit is always at work in us. That is why he offered this Truth to his reading audience [which right now includes me, thank You very much! J] “we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal”.
Father God, how I thank You for the surrounding verses which offer us Confidence and Motivation. Hope and above all, Truth. Your blessed, abiding Truth. Thank You for reminders. Thank You for music. Thank You even for secular songs that help me see You in the very midst of every situation.
There is Someone walking behind you, turn around, look at Me. There is Someone watching your footsteps, turn around, look at me… there’s Someone who’ll stand beside you… And there’s Someone who’ll love and guide you… I’ve waited, but I’ll wait forever for you to come to Me. Look at Someone who really loves you, yeah, really loves you. Turn around, look at Me.
Thank You Blessed Father. What an honor. Privilege. Blessing. Gift. To be loved, really loved by the Creator of the Universe. Never abandoned. Nor forgotten. Thank You for the opportunity to turn around every single time I find myself on a path that is not Your best for me. Thank You for never failing to call out to me whenever it is necessary that I turn.
Thank You Father. For Your love. Your protection. Your guidance. Your love. Your mercy. And Your grace. Worship You. Praise You. Bless You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(380 words ~ 9:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment