Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And...


Tuesday, August 14, 2012 (7:21 a.m.)
Awesome God,
I’m just here to say, “I love You.” That simple statement immediately brought to mind the words to a similar song by Stevie Wonder. No special reason to call. Just to say I love You And I mean it from the bottom of my heart
And the “And I do” I said out loud right after singing that brought up a completely different song. And how absolutely perfect it is!
To know, know, know Him is to love, love, love Him Just to see His smile, makes my life worthwhile To know, know, know Him is to love, love, love Him and I do
Father, I read these words and I imagine myself right there in them with You. There’s a bit of a stretch when singing I’ll be good to Him because I know that I could never out ‘good’ You. And even knowing I’ll bring love to Him could never be as pure as I would want it to be.
But the promise that comes next is one I have always banked my belief in You on. Everyone says there’ll come a day when I’ll walk alongside of Him And that very thought sends me straight into another song.
I come to the garden alone While the dew is still on the roses And the voice I hear, falling on my ear The Son of God discloses And He walks with me And He talks with me And He tells me I am His own And the joy we share as we tarry there None other has ever known
All this because I simply stated the obvious, I love You! It was the love Your disciples had for You that enabled them to have fellowship with You. Even after Your death. And Your resurrection.
The verse (John 20:20) accompanying the hymn In the Garden completes the truth that began in verse nineteen. “After greeting them, He showed them His hands and side. And how wonderful was their joy as they saw their Lord!”
That is exactly what I am depending on Blessed God and Father. One day I will be in Your presence walking with You and talking with You and hearing You tell me I am Your own And the joy we’ll share as we tarry there None other will ever have known. Not even Your blessed disciples.
I love You Father. I thank You. And I am grateful to have had this time together to remind myself of just how awesome You are. Thank You. Amen.
(426 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment