Sunday, October 31, 2010

pursue

Sunday, October 31, 2010 (8:01 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Ha-ha. Tee-hee. Giggle-giggle. These are the gifts of laughter (Psalm 100:2 MSG) I am bringing You today, along with the numerous times I’ve already smiled this morning. Thank You [there’s that password verse four speaks of! J] for the love that surrounds us, making it all the easier to laugh and smile. To truly be joyful! Thank You Lord.

Thank You for the many times You put a word in my mind, and just when I’m about ready to give up on finding what it is You would have me learn I land smack upon it! In winding up his first letter to Timothy Paul told him about the love of money being the root of all kinds of evil (chapter 6, verse 10). Then he reminded him, “But you, Timothy, belong to God; so run from evil things, and follow what is right and good. Pursue a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.” (v. 11)

As I read a brief commentary on this section, it tells of the emptiness of trusting in money. It goes on to say, “The only way to a successful life in God’s eyes is to pursue the virtue of godliness.” Lord, may it be that I pursue YOU this day! I love You. I need You. And I thank You so very much. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(235 words ~ 9:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment