Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Moses

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 (7:39 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Talk to me this morning Lord. Loudly. Clearly. Plainly. Let me know which of the many thoughts I’ve had so far this morning are from You. What in the Bible do You want me to learn today? Is it about Moses, one of Your great heroes of faith?

How cool it is Lord that his parents had faith to keep him hidden for three months before making a basket out of reeds, covering it with tar, putting him in it and placing it in the tall grass along the edge of the Nile River (Exodus 2:2,3). There is so much to learn here Lord.

While awakening this morning the word ‘stutter’ came to mind. I thought of Moses’ objecting to You right there at the burning bush (3:11) pleading with You about getting tongue-tied [stuttering] and his words getting tangled [stammering] (4:10). This is Moses Lord! Sometimes called “The Father of All Prophets” and “The Seer of God”.

Moses, Lord! Not exactly an eager leader. He balked at Your initial call to him. Moses, whose own mother did all she could for him and then left him in Your hands. Moses, one of the greatest leaders in the entire Old Testament but also one who acted impulsively, without looking to You for advice.

There is so much to learn here Lord. Let me take the lesson! I long to have my own self-doubts and personal fears give You the chance to show Your power. Live in and with and through me Lord that I would truly become a woman known for facing the ups and downs of life with faith in You and a commitment to Your plan. Teach me that it’s more than okay to be an imperfect woman learning to set healthy personal boundaries and still be greatly used by You.

Oh most dear and precious Lord, help me see the words ‘Moses’ and ‘faith’ as practically synonymous. And how cool is it for me right at this moment to fully embrace the fact that the loving lady I was named after had this very last name. Moses. Quite the profound thought to consider this day. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen!

(374 words ~ 10:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment