Friday, October 22, 2010

better

Thursday, October 21, 2010 (8:18 a.m.)

Buffalo Bill’s Resort #105A

Primm, NV

Perfectly Holy God ~

I love You! I was pretty sleepless throughout the night giving me lots of time to consider You and pray for others. Lord, I confess to You, the more time that goes by the more I’m sure I know You less than I thought I did. While I’m grateful to realize that I don’t know all that I thought I knew, I’m feeling more than a little desperate to know You better!

I read Your Word. I nod my head. I know You are EXACTLY what I want and need in my life. And I cringe at the thought that I don’t LIVE in Your peace. Sure, I glimpse moments of Your grace. I HAVE experienced the power and strength of knowing Your Word. But Lord, I confess to not living there! I have an idea in my head and my heart of what that would look like and once again I fall so far short of my own expectations. Just how unrealistic are they Lord?

All this to lead me once again to Paul’s letter to Your holy people in Ephesus. In chapter one, verses sixteen and seventeen he tells them that he’s never stopped thanking God for them ever since he first heard of their strong faith in Jesus and their love for Christians everywhere. He told them of praying constantly, “asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.”

Paul prayed that the Ephesians would know You better. Blessed Lord, it is the desire of my heart not only to know You better, but to love You better as well.

In verses 18-23 Paul prayed that hearts would be flooded with light for understanding of the wonderful future You have promised to those You called ~ a rich and glorious inheritance You have given Your people. His prayer continued for understanding of the incredible greatness of power for us who believe You.

I want Your power Lord! Power to love and follow You better. Taking another liberty with pop lyrics and You Dearest Lord, I find myself singing the chorus of the Black Eyed Peas’ Let’s Get It Started Once again meaning absolutely no disrespect, by looking at their intent of getting lost in the power of music, I am very rhythmically asking You instead to make it so I can get that lost in the power of You! I love You so very much Dearest Lord. Thank You for all You are and all You do on our behalf. Amen.

(450 words ~ 9:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment