Monday, October 4, 2010

Sing to the Lord

Monday, October 4, 2010 (6:24 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

What a difference from yesterday. That’s when I woke up singing to You. Decisive. Confident. Sure. This morning I’m back to wondering what You would have me do today.

“Trust in the Lord” (Proverbs 3:5) “Shout to the Lord” (Psalm 98:4) “Sing to the Lord for He has done wonderful things. Make known His praise around the world” (Isaiah 12:5). Mm. Yes. Sing. Praise. Tell.

Tell of Your mercies Lord? I confess I don’t know how. I say too much. Or too little. Sometimes I say nothing at all. You are good and mighty to be praised! And I DO hide Your light under a bushel, just as the children’s song warns us not to.

You ARE the light for the world! (John 8:12; 9:5) And I am blessed because of that truth. You shine Your light on my fear and failings. You give me hope to carry on. Give me also Your words, Your courage to share You with others Lord.

Because I don’t want to make a mistake by saying too much, I remain silent. While minding my Ps and Qs, dotting my I’s and crossing all my T’s so I don’t make a mistake, I get lost in the details and say little of eternal value. Forgive me Lord. You HAVE done wonderful things! Your praise IS to be made known around the world! Let me at least begin doing that by singing to You Lord.

Oh sing to the Lord, oh sing God a new song… For Christ is the Lord! Amen! Alleluia! Oh, sing to our God, Oh sing to our God

Lord, as much as I say that I love You, help me to share You as well. Thank You for Your blessings, Your promises, Your future, Your kindness, Your goodness, Your love, You! Amen! Alleluia! Amen.

(309 words ~ 8:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment