Tuesday, October 19, 2010

fam'ly, photos and friends...

Monday, October 18, 2010 (9:58 a.m.)

Blessed Father God,

Fam’ly, photos and friends? Oh my! What a truly loving opportunity of being with family yesterday. And the best part about it? Nobody had to die to get us all together!

Thank You Lord. Thank You for a time to truly just be together. Laughing. Sharing. Remembering. Learning. Truly enjoying and getting to know one another just a little bit better. What a gift, Lord. Thank You.

Thank You too for

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 (7:45 a.m.)

…the interruption from which I never returned. There was rain yesterday that changed all our plans. There were phone calls and then a sadness I didn’t expect. My brother turned 60 and it was his first birthday without our mom. I didn’t know that would hurt me as much as it did.

Thank You that I had the piano to play. Trying not to think about it didn’t help. Paying attention to details of other things didn’t either. Losing myself in the attempt to play better absolutely did. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that music plays such a big roll in worshiping You. Thank You that again this morning I was singing a chorus to You before even opening my eyes. Into marvelous light I’m running Out of darkness, out of shame. By the cross You are the Truth, You are the Life, You are the Way Looking up the lyrics just now my grin is even bigger than it was! ♫…Your kindness wakened me, Awakened me, from my sleep

Lord God how I thank You for being such an integral part of our lives. You complete us as individuals, but also as fam’ly and friends. You are what makes the difference in our lives. Plans may change. You never do. You are perfect. Whole.

Blessed God, how I thank You for all You are and all You do. I read Your Word and get excited as I see Your power exhibited over and over again. Too often I give into feelings of discouragement and sadness. In and of myself, I can’t shake or change the way I feel. Every single time I come to Your Word I am reminded of what good company I am in. Your work in Your community of believers is never ending. Thank You that I get to be counted as one of Yours. Thank You that Your love is available for the asking.

As circumstances continue to change Lord, as the unexpected comes to be our norm let me lean more deeply and readily into You. Even as I started this yesterday filled with joy and remembrance of a very happy previous day, today I am reminded of some sad days as well. I give it all to You dearest Lord!

In the book of Acts, Dr. Luke tells us of the time that Paul and Silas had been beaten and jailed unjustly (16:25-34) and still they prayed and sang hymns to You. Given an opportunity to escape, they stayed and witnessed to their jailer on Your behalf. When asked by him what he must do to be saved, “They replied, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved – you and your household’.”

Lord, I long to be as faithful and obedient as they. Thank You for another time to remember. To look back and see how much we’ve grown. Be with each of us this day as we continue our walk with You. Trusting. Believing. Having faith in You. I love You so much dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(595 words ~ 10:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment