Sunday, October 17, 2010

observe

Sunday, October 17, 2010 (7:30 a.m.)

Wow, God!

You are amazing! And I am truly AGOG! Feeling excited and eager to tell that I am so very grateful to You. Lord, thank You for getting [and keeping] my attention this morning. Before I had even opened my eyes, You gave me the word ‘observe’ followed by Petula Clark singing to me of YOUR love.

Lord, I don’t remember the last time I was this excited before even getting out of bed. I am honestly relishing in Your presence right now. Thank You.

I don’t have the power to fix the hurts and disappointments of others. I want to. I even try to. And most often [like last night] it ends disastrously. Thank You that I don’t have to stay amidst the rubble of hurt feelings. Thank You that You are ever present to come to our aid.

And here again is the singing, as if coming directly from You. My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine Softer than a sigh. My love is deeper than the deepest ocean Wider than the sky. My love is brighter than the brightest star That shines every night above And there is nothing in this world That can ever change my love

Most dear and wonderful God, how I thank You for a love like that. The words to the next verse are as if I am singing them back to You. Something happened to my heart the day that I met you Something that I never felt before You are always on my mind no matter what I do And everyday it seems that I want You more I DO You know? I DO want you more! All the time!

Thank You that this morning I again get to start out with You in Paul’s second letter to the Corinthians. There is so very much for me to learn here Lord. You gave Paul authority to preach and explain new life in Christ. False apostles challenged this. New believers were torn as to who was teaching Your Truth.

Thank You Lord that Paul wrote this second letter to set the record straight. I am especially drawn to chapter seven, verse eleven, “For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.” [See other translations as well]

Lord God, thank You for reminding me that while I am to observe, I don’t necessarily have to jump right in anywhere. I am not to judge, advise, try to fix… Just observe. And love. That I can do. In and through You! All because YOUR love is warmer than the warmest sunshine Softer than a sigh… Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(483 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment