Monday, November 1, 2010

God-confidence (revisited)

Monday, November 1, 2010 (12:18 a.m.)

Blessed, Beloved Lord,

Good VERY early morning. Technically speaking it IS a brand new day. Even though it looks like the same night we went to sleep on just a few hours ago. The energy is here. I feel refreshed. Renewed. And I wanted to thank You again for the changes You are orchestrating in me.

Lord, as ridiculous as this seems, will You talk to me this morning about beauty? Just a few moments ago the fact that it is only skin deep, yeah, yeah, yeah was singing quite clearly in my mind.

Talk to me about this Lord because I’ve actually heard it used in describing me and I have never believed a word of it. Now that I am learning to challenge my own thinking on things, I’m asking what Your Word has to say about it and what You would have me know.

The thought of beauty, or in this particular case my own perceived lack thereof, the idea of working to gain more self-confidence came to mind. No sooner had the notion come in then it was met by a stronger immediate truth.

And here I was thinking I was so very clever as I again realized that I don’t need more self-confidence, I need GOD-confidence! But oh no, Paul had that idea already summed up when he wrote his first letter to the Corinthians. Eugene H. Peterson used these words in paraphrasing verse 12 of chapter 10, “Forget about self-confidence; it’s useless. Cultivate God-confidence.”

I truly think I am Lord! As readily as one idea came into mind and was countered by Your Word instead, that’s how quickly things are changing around here. Tiny little baby steps are being taken and big things are happening as a result. I’m learning how to set more appropriate limits and expectations for myself and others. Why? Because of You! You are working mightily in me and I am so very grateful.

Thank You Lord that I am learning how to verbally question things as to how they appear and what is real. Thank You that I am coming to see myself as Yours. Your girl. Wow! What a concept! Dare I go so far as to say Your beautiful girl? I don’t know. Maybe we can still work on that one. J

I love You Lord. Thank You for the work You’ve already done and that which You are continuing. And now… how about just a little more sleep? I love You! Amen.

(424 words ~ 1:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment