Sunday, October 24, 2010

trust in the Lord

Sunday, October 24, 2010 (8:32 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You! What an incredible reminder! No matter where my mind went throughout my waking and my sleeping, there You were. Whether reminding me with the melody, or just the words, “Trust in the Lord” came through loud and clear as a counter to any potentially negative thought. Wow, God! That was incredible! YOU are incredible. And awesome! Thank You Lord.

Turning to Your Word once again, it’s not just Proverbs 3: 5 and 6 that hold my attention. Here I am reminded of the blessed benefits found in trusting You. Oh but our glorious God and Father, there is so very much more here than meets the eye!

Reading the entire chapter and notes describing the life found in trusting You, I feel excited. Happy. Pleased. Joyful. Hopeful. It’s when I take my eyes off You to look around at life (and death) that I too often trip over despair and disillusionment. Thank You Lord. Thank You that You would even come to me in the middle of my resting to remind me to trust in You.

Ah, incredibly awesome God. What freedom is found in choosing to look to You! My mind tends to complicate things. We both know that I can take the simplest, most easy concepts and contort them beyond recognition. But You don’t do that! No. You very simply come to me in the middle of my rest and remind me to Trust in the Lord With all your heart And lean not on your own understanding In all your ways acknowledge Him And He shall direct your path How awesome is that? How incredible are You?

Thank You Lord. I don’t have any idea what today may hold. But I DO know that You hold today. And in that I am grateful and absolutely trusting in You. Thank You for Your blessed reminder that You are truly our Blessed Redeemer. I love You so very much Dearest Lord. Thank You for so loving me. Amen.

(340 words ~ 9:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment