Tuesday, October 12, 2010

powerlessness

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Embassy Suites Room 303

South San Francisco, CA

Beloved Lord,

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your grace and mercy and kindness and blessings. You are so good. Generous. Powerful. And I am not. In and of myself I am none of these things. But in You and through You I get to be more and more like You.

Beloved Lord, I DO want to be more like You! More loving. More kind. More gracious and generous and good.

Talk to me this morning Lord about powerlessness. There are things I think and do of which I am finally beginning to be more aware. There are blessings all around me that I continue missing because I am still unable to see them for what they are.

I keep holding onto things we no longer need because I lack the ability to make good decisions of what to keep, what to store and what to get rid of. This is DEFINITELY an area of powerlessness from me Lord. I am stuck in a lifelong ‘holding’ pattern.

After seeing a completely unexpected awe-inspiring air show over the Golden Gate yesterday, I am more keenly aware of the difference between staying put and moving forward. The practice, precision and attention to detail the Thunderbird, Blue Angel and other pilots must have in order to execute the stunts we were so incredibly inspired by is nothing short of phenomenal! There are maintenance crews and countless people behind all that we saw yesterday, but YOU are the One who ultimately holds it all together! It’s Your air. Your Space. Corny as it can possibly be ~ YOU are the wind beneath their wings!

Having witnessed that kind of power in technology, how can I still find it so darned difficult to ruthlessly sort through everyday, ordinary stuff?

Lord, I look to You for guidance. I depend on You and the mighty power of Your Word (here particularly in 2 Corinthians 12:1-10) to do in and through me that which I am powerless to do for myself.

I love You so much Dearest Lord and I thank You for this opportunity to come before You in my powerlessness. Thank You. Amen.

(374 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment