Saturday, October 30, 2010

PEACE de Resistance!

Saturday, October 30, 2010 (9:07 a.m.)

Amazing God of Glory,

“Thank You!” The smile on my face right now practically goes from ear to ear. Just by saying what I learned yesterday to be our password (Psalm 100:4) my heart immediately started singing He has made me glad! He has made me glad! I will rejoice for He has made me glad These are words I have sung many times before, possibly even to this very Psalm.

Thank You Lord that You truly are so deeply imbedded in my soul that songs of worship and praise just seem to randomly pop up on occasion. I love when it’s my heart that is singing to You and not just my mouth. I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise! I will say ‘this is the day that the Lord has made’, I will rejoice for He has made me glad

You HAVE made me glad Dearest Lord! Every time I turn around there is another glimpse of greatness. YOUR greatness! The other day I prayed with a friend for the power of the Holy Spirit to come work in our lives. Ever since then things are getting done around here. Things which I had previously been unable to take care of. I was stalled. At a stand still. But You came along and I CAN see the forest for the trees now. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

Yesterday I was able to verbally challenge an incorrect conclusion I had drawn. First time ever! I recognized it in present time [not hours or days after the fact as used to be the case! J] repeated it back to make sure I had heard it correctly. And then, the “piece de resistance”! I questioned my own interpretation of what I had heard and was IMMEDIATELY told, “NO!”

Lord God, that is growth! Growth in You. Growth that comes from learning to be honest with You. Open. Willing. Thank You that You do not call us to be overburdened, overworked or overwhelmed.

A piggyback effect I was able to enjoy yesterday, amidst all the other blessings You provided, was in recognizing another strategy I realized I was using. It wasn’t something I had set out to do. I wasn’t even conscious of it to begin with. It was as evening rolled around that I saw all that we had accomplished and I became full on aware of how many times I had started shaking my head to say, “I can’t …” and instantly said “But I CAN do this…” instead.

That was You as well. In the form of the Holy Spirit working in my life! Wow! Incredible. Amazing. Truly The “Piece de Resistance”. Or MUCH more aptly put, The PEACE de Resistance!

Thank You Lord. You are Wonderful, Powerful, Merciful, You are Beautiful, Wonderful, Powerful, Jesus is Your name… Hallelujah Jesus… I love You. Amen.

(494 words ~ 10:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment