Thursday, October 14, 2010

attitude

Thursday, October 14, 2010 (12:51 p.m.)

Amazing Lord,

I love You! I keep wandering around You today. I first came before You about six hours ago but I didn’t stay. I drew near to You (James 4:8a). Tiptoed around. Even quoted You. But I kept finding reasons to leave.

Thank You for relentlessly calling me back to You! From one song (Cantad al Senor/O Sing to the Lord) to another (Attitude Dance) I am getting Your message Lord. Loud and clear!

I confess to You the non-harmless habits I have slipped back into these past few days. Random ingesting of almost anything that happens to be laying around, watching WAY too much TV. Very little exercise and next to no discipline at all.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for place (Judges 4:9) after place (James 4:8b) in Your Word that are reminding me of the importance of a proper attitude with which to approach You.

Oh Your goodness Lord! No wonder I couldn’t just sit down earlier and tap out words of devotion to You! I keep putting my thoughts and wants for myself ahead of that which You might like to give to me. Let me once again come before You with an attitude of joyful acceptance of all You want for me to have. Peace of mind? Yes! Rest for my soul? Please.

I put myself into the presence of good company as I ask that Paul’s closing words in his second letter to the people of Corinth include me as well. “May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” (2Corinthians 13:14) Amen, Dearest Lord. Amen, indeed!

(285 words ~ 3:16 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment