Sunday, October 3, 2010

I remember!

Sunday, October 3, 2010 (6:52 a.m.)

Most Blessed Lord God,

I remember! How incredible are You that the very first thing I woke up to this morning was the thought that “THIS is the day that the Lord has made! I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24) The next thing I knew I was singing it, even before my eyes were open.

Lord, how I thank You that I DO have the choice of complaining and being bad or mad or sad in this day You have made. Thank You that for this very moment I am choosing joy and gladness.

Thank You also Lord that even as I found myself wishing I had some type of protective coat around me to ward off taking things personally and getting hurt feelings, I remembered You provided that very thing long ago. Paul wrote of it in his letter to the Ephesians (6:11). “Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand safe against all strategies and tricks of satan.”

I remembered all during these past two weeks that holding and nursing a grudge was not what You would have me do. I even remembered the devil had snares set up all around for me to fall into.

What I didn’t remember on my own was that ‘my strength must come from the Lord’s mighty power within me’ (v.10). AND that “we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood , but against persons without bodies – the evil rulers of the unseen world…” (12).

Thank You Lord that even while I insisted in complaining instead of rejoicing and being mad instead of glad, You didn’t give up on me. You knew I needed to remember to “use every piece of God’s armor to resist the enemy whenever he attacks,” ‘and when it is over I will still be standing up’ (13).

Again I remember the importance of dressing myself everyday with ‘the strong belt of truth and the breastplate of Your approval’ (14). I must ‘wear shoes that are able to speed me on as I share the Good News of peace with You (15). In every battle I will need faith as my shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at me by satan (16). And I will need the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit – which is the Word of God (17).’

Thank You Lord that You work so hard to remind me that in every instance I must ‘seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness’ (Matthew 6:33). Thank You that You never give up on me especially when I am behaving most selfishly. Thank You that I get to remember and sing loudly [even if for now it’s all still in my head J] This the day, this is the day That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made We [I! J] will rejoice, we will rejoice, And be glad in it, and be glad in it! This is the day that the Lord has made, We will rejoice and be glad in it! This is the day, this is the day That the Lord has made.

Hallelujah Jesus! Thank You for helping me to remember! I love You. Amen.

(546 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment