Tuesday, October 12, 2010

forgiving and forgetting

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 (7:23 a.m.)

Amazing God,

I love You! You are good. You are holy. And I love You. You keep calling me to You. I continue straggling along. And every time I do, You are here. Waiting. Patiently.

Thank You Lord. I truly straggled the other night, on the streets of San Francisco. The shoes I was wearing caused my feet to start hurting. It was Fleet Week. Trolleys were overcrowded, traffic was congested and tempers were short. A little bit of forgiveness goes an exceptionally long way. Thank You Lord that You are ever present to teach us the importance of forgiving and forgetting. I confess to You Lord, I’m not quite there yet. I’m still straggling.

Thank You that I have Your Word here with me in my straggle.

(10:31 a.m.)

I get to keep reading about You Lord. I am able to grasp just a tiny little bit more of the idea of Paradise and Heaven as You have designed them. Staring again in 2 Corinthians 12, I read to the end of chapter 13. Following a chain of events I am once more reading David’s Song of Praise to You (1 Chronicles 16:7-36) and learning more about what it is to truly worship You.

You encourage and enable me to seek [and find!] more of Your forgiving, all-encompassing love. Having no idea where I am to look for more about forgiving and forgetting, I find myself in Psalm 103. Thank You Lord. Because of Your great love for all, I am reminded that You forgive all my sins (v.3). You ransom me from hell, surrounding me with loving-kindness and tender mercies (4). Filling my life with good things (5) giving justice to all who are treated unfairly (6) You are merciful and tender toward those who don’t deserve it; slow to get angry and full of kindness and love (8). You never bear a grudge, nor remain angry forever (9).

And here’s what I found without even intentionally looking for! “He has removed our sins as far away from us as the east is from the west” (12). You don’t keep a list of my sins. In Your eyes I am clean.

I want to be like YOU Lord! Loving. Merciful. Forgiving and forgetting the slights of others! Thank You for putting the desire to know You and to love You even more in my heart. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(409 words ~ 11:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment