Saturday, October 23, 2010

make a difference

Saturday, October 23, 2010 (8:49 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Use me today to make a difference. And not just today, Lord. Tomorrow. And the next one too.

You are so good. You’ve given us so much. I sit around. Waiting. Waiting until I know what You’d have me do and in the mean time wasting. Wasting time, energy, resources. You deserve so much more than I offer up. Use me Lord.

I want to make a difference. I’ve even tried to make a difference. I don’t know that I’ve ever consciously invited You in to be the catalyst for making a difference. Make a difference in me Lord. Make a difference through me.

Here again are areas in which I am powerless. I am very much like the power cord that is not plugged in wondering why an appliance is not working. It’s You Dear Lord. You are the power and the strength I need to be able to make any difference at all.

I love You Lord. I ask. And You answer. I didn’t readily see how Paul’s teaching about the eating of temple meat (1 Corinthians 8) would apply to me making a difference today. It wasn’t until I dug deeper into the chapter that Your overwhelming call for us to love others rang through once again.

Reading about doctrines and what constitutes sin, Your love reigns supreme over all. While we all may know what we believe, causing us to puff up with pride, it is Your humble, faithful follower who admits that no one here has perfect or complete knowledge. We are not called to compromise, but to love.

Claiming to know truth better than others leads to pride, closing minds and doors. It is love, Your love, that allows us to humble ourselves, admitting limited knowledge and working to help one another love You better. How can I make a difference today? By loving You with all my heart and soul and mind and strength and loving others as much as myself (Mark 12:30-31). And how can I do that? Only in You and through You! Come in and make a difference through me Dearest Lord. I love You. Amen.

(364 words ~ 10:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment