Friday, October 22, 2010

Godly vs. earthly

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Buffalo Bill’s Resort #105A

Primm, NV

All Mighty and Powerful God ~

WOW!! What an awesome display of Your power we got to witness last night! Lightning like we’ve never seen. Thunder we’ve never heard. And near buckets of rain just dropped from above. In a word Lord ~ WOW!

Thank You that we got to be safe and dry. But as I just this moment realized, not everyone was! Lord, forgive my tendency to think so selfishly about our own safety and comfort without much of a thought about the good of others. Lord, I know You are working in us to get us outside of ourselves and our comfort zone. I must confess even the thought of where that might lead is more than a little scary to me!

You are good. Mighty. Powerful. There is no Godly reason for me to fear anything that has to do with You. It is however the earthly things that keep me afraid. Speak to me this morning Lord, of this very thing! I pray You will teach me to put aside my earthly ways.

The more I read in Your Word Dear Lord, the more convicted I become of my tendency toward selfishness. I WANT to give Lord! I WANT to share. Yet I hoard. I clutch. I grab. I cling. I hold close. I save. I hold on.

Teach me Lord. Teach me to TRULY let go and let You be You. Teach me to learn what it really means to live my life in You and through You. I want to GIVE Lord! Generously. Freely. Cheerfully.

On my way once again to 2Corinthians 9:7, I am stopped by the subtitle of chapter eight. “A Call to Generous Giving”. These are things I have yet to learn Lord. I declare my powerlessness to You. I read through verse 15 and my heart quickens at the idea of one day being able to do as You desire of me. Reading all of chapter nine I have hope that You will one day teach me to truly BE a cheerful giver. An asterisk at verse nine takes me over to Psalm 112 where again I humbly ask, Lord, that You would do in and through me that which I cannot do myself. I love You so much Dearest Lord. Thank You for time with You. Show me how to use it wisely. I love You. Amen.

(409 words ~ 10:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment