Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Life in Christ

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 (7:11 a.m.)

Amazingly Awesome and Wonderful God,

Good morning. And thank You. Thank You for hours of singing to You already this morning. This is the day… Into marvelous light I’m running… With a song in my heart… Thank You for a wonderful way of waking up.

Thank You too for time once again to consider who You are and who I am in You.

(9:43 a.m.)

Lord, after reading chapter three of Paul’s second letter to Timothy I found myself falling back to more restful sleep. Thank You for such peacefulness.

Thank You that before Paul was executed in Rome for loving and boldly preaching about You, he wrote this final letter. Thank You that he wanted to honestly encourage Timothy for the difficulties that lay ahead.

Lord God, how I thank You that he didn’t mince words. Verse 12 plainly tells us, “everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted”. That in itself doesn’t sound too inviting or promising. But he doesn’t just leave us in a state of discouragement.

While he goes on to tell of how bad things will get, this particular chapter ends with hope. “The whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us do what is right. It is God’s way of making us well prepared at every point, fully equipped to do good to everyone.”

Life in Christ is not meant to be easy. Things of value and worth rarely are. Thank You Lord for ever reminding me that life in You is a battle with evil. You call us to arm ourselves everyday to the battle that will be at hand.

No wonder the gentle strains O no, You never let go, Through the calm and through the storm O no, You never let go, In every high and every low O no, You never let go Lord You never let go of me have continued singing to me throughout this morning.

Lord, thank You for loving this world so much that You sent Your only Son to save us (John 3:16). Thank You that it is only through life in Him that we have the chance of seeing and being with You one day. Thank You for covering our sins with his blood, giving us an inkling to what true love really is. How I ask You to keep working in me that I will better live my life in Christ. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(446 words ~ 10:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment