Friday, March 1, 2024

exalting and exulting the King of kings ~ 2/29/24

 Leap Day, Thursday, February 29, 2024 (9:45 a.m.)

What a backwards start to the day!


Much later than usual in getting up. And an extra day to the year. Wondering why I feel more than a little “off”. Oh yeah! I’ve said very little to the King of kings.


(9:53 a.m.)


Thank You Father! You just reminded me. I spoke with You much earlier. Thanking You for teaching me the importance of smiling. Even [or is it especially?] when we can’t think of a reason for doing it.

(10:12 a.m.)


Let me wonder as I wander with You right now. So many choices of direction to take at the moment. Stick with examining You as the King of kings? Reconsider the new to me word [exult] from yesterday? Or mention today as Leap Day?


Let’s do all of the above shall we? And be agog [excited and eager to tell] at the same time!


♪In the darkness we were waiting Without hope, without light ’Til from Heaven You came running There was mercy in Your eyes To fulfill the law and prophets To a virgin came the Word From a throne of endless glory To a cradle in the dirt Praise the Father, praise the Son Praise the Spirit, three in one God of glory, Majesty Praise forever to the King of Kings

(11:15 a.m.)


Lord God, I don’t pretend to understand the things that get me excited about You. The different ways You speak to my soul. Stirring it to want to know You better.


I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to lead, guide and direct me today in what You would have me learn and share with others. Looking further into the difference between exalting [glorifying, elevating] and exulting [rejoicing, being glad and delighted] in You.


Both words have their origin in Latin. Each begins “ex- ‘out, upward’.” Exalt adds “altus ‘high’” while exult’s ending comes from “salire ‘to leap’.”


The thought of leaping upward in praise of You on Leap Day pleases me to the point of silliness. Thank You that I get to giggle as well as smile while I continue searching Your Word.


New International Version “Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is Yours. Yours, LORD, is the Kingdom; You are exalted as head over all” (1 Chronicles 29:11).

(12:01 p.m.)


Thank You Dear Lord for this very backward start to the day. The more I read Your Word, the deeper I am digging.


Psalm 105:3. “Exult in His holy name; rejoice, you who worship the LORD.” Putting my focus on You, Your Truth, Your promises helps take my thoughts off less useful endeavors. Thank You Father!


Moving over to Expanded Bible, I begin at verse 2. Reading through 4. “Sing to Him; sing praises [make a psalm] to Him. Tell about all His miracles [wonderful acts]. Be glad that you are His [Exult/Glory in His holy name]; let those [the heart of those] who seek the LORD be happy [rejoice]. Depend on [Seek] the LORD and His strength; always go to Him for help [seek His face].”


Especially when I’m feeling more than a little “off.” Thank You for righting my thoughts Blessed God.


Continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me the rest of this day. Which You have made (Psalm 118:24a). That I will truly rejoice [exult/leap up!!] and be glad in it. Celebrating and being happy. Yes! Let’s do that.


Thank You Lord. I love, need, trust and want You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Thank and praise You. Amen.

(621 words ~ 12:16 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment