Friday, December 23, 2022

statutes

 Friday, December 23, 2022 (6:58 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


You did it again! Reminding me of Your goodness. After an hour of focusing on the unsettling dreams and potential disappointments of this season, Psalm 119:68 finally came to mind.


“You are good and do good;” I read it yesterday. “Teach me Your statutes.” I’m not familiar with the last word. Statutes. Seems daunting. Beyond me.


Work with me this day Dearest Dad. Getting me and my rambling thoughts in line with YOUR teachings!


The Message says, “Train me in Your goodness.” Mm. That I understand.


Laws. Decrees. Demands. Orders. Requirements. Commands. What You require. And these two. The Living Bible, “make me follow Your lead.” The Passion Translation, “teach me the power of Your wonderful words.”


There it is! Power. The power of Your wonderful words! “Everything You do is beautiful, flowing from Your goodness; teach me the power of Your wonderful words.”


Statues. Laws written down. Rules. Not to harm us, but to help us. Teach me Blessed Father, the power of Your wonderful words. Make me ABLE to follow Your lead.


I want to glorify and enJOY You. This day. And the next. Forever!


Do all You must to Your good and glorious end. I love, need, trust and want You. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(228 words ~ 7:48 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment