Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Precious!

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 (5:48 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thinking of words to describe You, “precious” came to mind.

(6:14 a.m.)

Precious. Yes. Precious!


Blessed Lord, thank You. We have the ability to search [and find!] experiences others have with Your preciousness.


One internet contributor (retired pastor, Larry Vollink) summarizes, “Precious is defined as something or someone who is of great value and highly esteemed, or even delicate, which is our God in our daily lives.”


You are Dear Lord. You are precious! Thank You.


Reading through a post entitled “Our God Is Precious!” I come to the apostle Peter’s first letter to the Jewish Christians. Written, “To show us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world” (The Life Recovery Bible).


Blessed, Precious Father, I truly cannot thank You enough for the changes You are making in our lives.


Starting my reading in the second chapter of 1 Peter, I find myself inching my way back to the beginning of the letter. Written to “God’s chosen people…” I find myself wanting the obedience these believers exhibited.


“Cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 1:2b) Peter asked You to give Your people “more and more grace and peace” (v. 2c). Why? Because they [we] are precious to You.


Because we have The Hope of Eternal Life (vs. 3-12) there is A Call to Holy Living (vs. 1:13- 2:30) we are to heed. Lord God, thank You for the hope, peace and ultimate joy we find in You.


I want to live this day as You would have me. Trusting, believing and standing strong on Your inherent Word that “remains forever” (v. 1:25; Isaiah 40:8). And showing “sincere love” to others. “Deeply with all” of my heart (v. 22).


Coming back toward the verse (1 Peter 2:3) with which I began earlier, I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to empower and enable me in obedience to Your call. The Message, “So clean house! Make a clean sweep of malice and pretense, envy and hurtful talk. You’ve had a taste of God. Now, like infants at the the breast, drink deep of God’s pure kindness. Then you’ll grow up mature and whole in God.”


Father, You bless me us so profoundly. Thank You that I get to know You as precious. Use me as You know is best. I love You. I need, trust and want to serve You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(417 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment