Saturday, December 24, 2022

"Easily influenced"

 Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24, 2022 (5:04 a.m.)


Most Dear and Blessed, Holy, Father God,


Thank You! The Lord’s Prayer. “God’s got this.” And another “perfect” phrase I no longer remember. Those are the Truths I returned to throughout the night and early morning thinking.

(5:22 a.m.)


Time spent searching the origin of the Serenity Prayer. Father God, I ask You to be with us this day. In. By. Through and for us. As we go about preparing to celebrate the birth of Your Son with all of our varying traditions.


“Easily influenced.” That was the phrase I knew to be true about myself so many hours ago.


While considering the various thoughts swirling around in my head, I recognized that I am easily influenced. By my thoughts. The words, tones and actions of others. Circumstances. Surroundings.


Thank You that when all is said and done, I absolutely know what I most want to be easily influenced by is You! The Truth of Your Word and promises. Blessed Father God, I have the propensity of making mountains out of molehills. You can change all that I cannot. I ask Your leadership and guiding of my every decision.


(5:48 a.m.)


Turning to A prayer of David (Psalm 17) I am especially drawn to verses 6-9a. “I am praying to You because I know You will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. Show me Your unfailing love in wonderful ways. By Your mighty power You rescue those who seek refuge from their enemies. Guard me as You would guard Your own eye. Hide me in the shadow of Your wings. Protect me from wicked people who attack me.”


Because I know myself to be easily influenced, I want desperately to be easily influenced by You! Do all You must to continue growing me into the wonderfully complex (Psalm 139:14) woman You have designed me to be.


I love You. I need, trust and want You to be the absolute Lord of my life. Influence me in Your goodness. Grace. Mercy. Glory. And Truth. Use me This Christmas Eve Dear Lord. Exactly as You know is best. Influence me. Easily. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(374 words ~ 6:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment