Sunday, November 20, 2022

tranquility -> confidence -> praise

 Sunday, November 20, 2022 (7:06 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed God,


How we thank and praise You Lord. Coming before You, I confess distraction. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) the serenity, peace and tranquility (1 Peter 5:7) You offer.


The smile on my face grows as I consider the tranquility we find in You. “A state of calmness or peace; a state of being mentally at ease; the state, act, or fact of being (emotionally) calm and composed; an instance of period or rest or relaxation; a relaxing of tension.”


Mm. A surprising find from another source describes the “Advantage of having confidence in God.” And right there… that [snap!] fast… Julie Andrews [as Maria] is singing in my mind.


Blessed, Father God, thank You so very much! ♪What will this day be like? I wonder What will my future be? I wonder It could be so exciting To be out in the world To be free! My heart should be wildly rejoicing Oh, what’s the matter with me?♪


What indeed oh Lord!


♪I’ve always longed for adventure To do the things I’ve never dared Now here I’m facing adventure Then why am I so scared?♪ A song, based on a woman’s true life experience with questions I recurringly ask myself.


♪Oh, I must stop these doubts All these worries If I don’t I just know I’ll turn back! I must dream of the things I am seeking I am seeking the courage I lack The courage to serve with reliance Face my mistakes without defiance♪


Wow! Face mistakes? Without defiance? Yes please!


♪With each step I am more certain Everything will turn out fine I Have Confidence… in sunshine I have confidence in rain I have confidence that spring will come again… Strength doesn’t lie in numbers Strength doesn’t lie in wealth Strength lies in nights of peaceful [tranquil!] slumbers When you wake up, wake up! It’s healthy!♪


When it comes to me singing of confidence Lord, I thank You that my confidence is in YOU! ♪I have confidence in Jesus Christ alone! Besides, which You see I have confidence in HE!♪


Oh yes Dearest Lord. We get to sing of the confidence we have in Your power and mighty name! ♪What a Beautiful Name it is You were the Word at the beginning One with God the Lord Most High Your hidden glory in creation Now revealed in You our Christ What a beautiful/wonderful/powerful Name it is Nothing can stand against What a powerful Name it is The Name of Jesus♪


Piggybacking right on that comes ♪I can’t take credit For the breath in these lungs My only boast Is in the work You have done This heart’s a vessel And the love that pours out Let it be sweet perfume Poured out on you I Give You The Glory All of the glory… Again and again This praise isn’t for me My worship is only To give You the glory Forever Amen There’s only One Name Who deserves every song Who’s worth all my reverence And my purest response The name of Jesus High above every other It’s all for You I give You the glory… Everything I am Everything I do Lord, the glory belongs to You All glory belongs to You When I give You praise When I speak Your name Lord, the glory belongs to You All the glory belongs to You♪


Incredibly Awesome God and Father, thank You that by beginning with thanks and praise I was able to confess the distraction I’ve been experiencing. Looking into distractedness led to a genuine desire for tranquility. From there came a degree of confidence which bled over to sincere praise.


♪I have confidence in Jesus Christ our own♪ You are our strength. Our hope. Use us to Your honor and glory. I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(646 words ~ 9:47 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment