Monday, November 7, 2022

Stand!

 Monday, November 7, 2022 (5:38 a.m.)

Holy, holy, holy God,


Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. I got to be really honest with You yesterday. And You blessed me. Repeatedly. Thank You!


Wanting to cold (56°) water swim and mow the lawn I dressed accordingly. While distractedly sweeping up fallen leaves and surveying weeds I will want to pull someday I remembered doing much the same 29 years ago. Preparing the yard for an after funeral family gathering.


Thank You God! That one “I’ve done this before” thought helped me identify a knee jerk reaction to the sadness I was feeling. Subliminal though it was.


Lord God, You never cease to amaze me! Having attempted this same swim the day before, I was fully aware that it just wasn’t “right.” Paying attention to the lack of sun on the water allowed me to change my mind and try again this next day.


Having been honest with You yesterday morning I kept following Your lead throughout the day. Church. Baking A volunteer school project. And finally, outside. Reminded almost immediately that this is 29 years, almost to the day, that life support was discontinued for my dad. Thank You again Dearest God.


Thank You for Your presence with me now. Thank You for Your presence with us then. Thank You for the kind doctor who asked if he could pray before disconnecting the machines.


Thank You Lord. Thank You for the songs I woke up singing yesterday. Those same ones that flooded back to me while swimming. All employing the same word. Stand.


♪Stand By Your Man♪ was first. ♪I’m Still Standing♪ followed rather quickly. A bit later came ♪Standing in the Need of Prayer♪


It was while swimming that I smiled at the one word title. A command I sense from You regularly. ♪Stand!♪ Lord God, I truly want to stand with You. In You. By You. Through You. For You.


Here I look to Your Word. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, “Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love.” Yes, please!


Mm, yes Dearest God. So many verses reminding us to “Stand!” Firm. Against the schemes of the devil.


Do all You must this day that we will truly follow You. Your leading. Your way. We love You. We need You. We trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(404 words ~ 7:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment