Wednesday, November 23, 2022

a completely different tune

 Monday, November 21, 2022 (5:14 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I’m confessing a question mark over my head right now. ♪I Go Crazy♪ seems to be the song of the morning. It won’t let go. And I don’t know why.


As with most other things these days, I’m learning to turn to You. Asking and seeking Your guidance and direction. See? Even there…

(5:23 a.m.)


Same decade. Different groups. Similar sway to the tunes.


Holy God, there is so much going on in my head right now. Verses from one song bleeding into another. And my mom’s voice way off in the back saying, “You'd better change your tune young lady.”


Oh most dear and blessed God, how I thank You for all the mistakes we make along our way through this life. Mistakes that help us learn. Mistakes that bring us closer to You.


Changing just one word [Baby] and this second song makes perfect sense. ♪JESUS I’m-a want You Jesus I’m a need You You’re the only One I care enough to hurt about Maybe I’m-a crazy But I just can’t live without Your lovin’ and affection Givin’ me direction Like a Guiding Light to help me through my darkest hour Lately I’m a-prayin’ That You’ll always be a stayin’ beside me♪


Lord, thank You that You lead and guide us every time we look to You. No hoops to jump through. We get to believe and accept Your grace through Jesus (Acts 15:11).


So often we get caught in traps of wanting and trying to do enough to prove ourselves. Thank You that Your way is always best.


And right here? A completely different tune! Equally as Truth telling. Reminding me of Your call for us to be diligent and turn from our indifference (Revelation 3:19).


♪There is Someone walking behind you Turn around, Look At Me There is Someone watching your footsteps Turn around, look at Me… And understand this That there is Someone who’ll stand beside you… who’ll love and guide you… Oh I’ve waited, but I’ll wait forever I’m gonna wait for you to come to Me… Look at Someone who really loves you Turn around, look at Me♪


Yes. Yes. Yes! Thank You for singing to me this morning Dear Lord. Getting my attention. Reminding me of just how very much You love us.


Use me this day dear Lord. Exactly as You know is best. I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(423 words ~  5:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment