Tuesday, November 29, 2022

requested healing

 Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (7:14 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.


Several hours ago I asked for healing of my spirit. I was feeling sad. And heading much deeper. All thoughts were bleak. I saw no hope.


Thank You for reminding me that I can come to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Always.


Because we are to love You with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30) I believed that asking You for healing in all of those areas was a viable option. Layered right on top of that was another Truth from Your Word.


Remembering “the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness” (Romans 8:26a) I readily gave up control of my asking, seeking and knocking. ”For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them” (Roman 8:26b-28).


There is no part of me that wanted to argue with Your Word. Just trust. Believe. Ask. And sleep returned. Thank You Father.


Thank You too for the easy recognition of the song with which I awoke. ♪Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace♪ Mm, yes. Tune my heart indeed.


Blessed, Holy, Father God, I want to live this day in the hope we have in Jesus. Thank You for the hopeful Truth we find in Your Word.


2 Corinthians 4:16-18. “That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever. So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.” Much like the hope You offer us.


♪O to grace how great a debtor Daily I’m constrained to be! Let Thy goodness, like a fetter [shackle], Bind my wand’ring heart to Thee: Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it Prone to leave the God I love; Here’s my heart, O take and seal it; Seal it for Thy courts above♪


Yes, Lord. Yes, Lord. Yes! Take and seal my heart for You.


Use me this day for Your honor and You glory. I want to enjoy serving You as You know is best. Unafraid of what’s to come. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(481 words ~ 8:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment