Friday, June 10, 2022

the song

 Friday, June 10, 2022 (5:38 a.m.)

Most Dear and Holy God,


Thank You! You continue Your work in me. And I am grateful.


Thank You for the privilege of waking up easily. Singing. Thank You as well for the ease with which sleep happened last night.


So. The song. Yes. Let’s talk about this song shall we? With the change of just one word, it works!


Having heard it played just the other day, my first thought was to readily dismiss it. Thank You for holding me to it instead.


You are teaching me so very much Dear Lord. Thank You that You are. ♪Everyday With You Lord is sweeter than the day before Everyday I love You more and more More and more and more♪


It’s so true! When I rest in You it’s as though there is no limit to the possibilities of all You will provide.


Father God, You truly are amazing. Which in turn makes me agog. Excited and eager to tell.


Willing to stick with what I initially believed to be just some random “earworm” how I thank You Father for taking me so much deeper. By changing just that one little word has me wholeheartedly singing Your Truth.


♪They’re saying that all good things must come to an end But Lord it isn’t true Each day with You I fall in love again… And when I go to sleep at night time Tomorrow’s what I’m praying for ‘Cause everyday with You Lord Is sweeter than the day before♪


You do this Lord. Reading Joyce Meyer share her thoughts about Living in God’s Rest I find myself all the more hopeful. She teaches of Your rest as “It’s partnering with God to do what He is calling you to do by His grace, and leaving the part you can’t do in His hands, trusting Him to do it.”


Thank You that by deciding to sing such a simple song to You this morning I find myself resting with You as well. “Hebrews 4:3 says it this way: For we who have believed enter that rest… So we start by believing.”


Amen Dearest Lord! Increase my love and belief. Trust and faith. All for and in You. Because ♪Everyday with You Lord… I love You more and more and more♪


Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(394 words  ~ 7:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment