Wednesday, June 29, 2022

emotions

 Wednesday, June 29, 2022 (6:56 a.m.)

Thank You God.


I get to come before You exactly as I am. Curious. Wondering. Disappointed. Fearful. And You remind me. I’m Yours. Safe. Loved.


Blessed God, I want You to talk with me about the myriad of emotions I’ve been experiencing recently. Confessing to You my propensity of judging my feelings as either good or bad. Right or wrong. You are reminding me of the error in that way of thinking.


Thank You for helping me remember the importance of being aware of all I’m feeling. Without painting it either positively or negatively. What would that be like? Will You guide and direct me into Your Word on this very topic?

(7:47 a.m.)


Lord God I acknowledge to You the joy I find in patterns. 6:56. 7:47. There’s a delight in them that makes me smile. Every time. Thank You!


Thank You too for providing me various translations of Psalm 4:1. The Voice, “For the worship leader A song of David accompanied by strings. Answer my prayers, O True God, the righteous, who makes me right. I was hopelessly surrounded, and You rescued me. Once again hear me; hide me in Your favor; bring victory in defeat and hope in hopelessness.”


What a wonderful Truth! Victory in defeat. And hope in hopelessness. I confess to caving in both of these areas. Far more often than not.


Thank You for Your reminder that we are to “continue” in our hope, faith and trust in You. Memories of a parking lot Pastor come rushing back. Repeating just this one word. “Continue!” Believing. “Continue!” Praying.


Oh, how I thank and praise You Dearest Father. I don’t know if my physical wellness is being affected by my emotions. Or is it the emotional aspect that’s distressing the physical? Either way, I’m trusting You. You lead. I’ll follow.


Easy-to-Read Version, “…God, you showed that I was innocent. You gave me relief from all my troubles. So listen to me now when I call to You for help. Be kind to me and hear my prayer” (Psalm 4:1).


Mm. Yes. Thank You that You are [kind to me]. And You do [hear my prayer].


Today I ask Your presence with me Lord. Going before us. Behind. Beside. Beneath. Above. And within. Every single step and breath we take.


I love You. Need and want You. Do all You must in using me to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(425 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment