Saturday, June 4, 2022

taking delight in the Lord

 Saturday, June 4, 2022 (7:19 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. All the time. And we are grateful.


I confess to feeling distracted. Here because I think I’m supposed to be. I prefer when I’m eager and excited about spending time with You.


Thank You Lord that even with that admission I smiled. Eager and excited. Agog. Yes, Father. I much rather be delighted in Your company than obligated to it.


Mm, yes. I want very much to “take delight in the LORD” (Psalm 37:4a). Reading a comment in The Life Recovery Bible ignites hope in my heart. Thank You that I get to be honest with You God.


37:1-7 …God’s formula for our success is that we develop a relationship with Him and determine to serve Him in everything we do. Then, in God’s perfect timing, we will experience the true joy God promises and freedom from the guilt heaped upon us by others.” Oh, amen Dear Lord!


Coming before You, without pretense. Asking. Seeking. Knocking that I would be honest, open and willing to Your leading and guidance.


I love You Father. I want very much to serve You as You alone know is best. Thank You for allowing me my most recent ‘crisis of conscience’ that I would turn my eyes to You. Your Word of Truth and promises.


Continue Your work in me Blessed Lord that I will truly glorify and enjoy You forever. Yes. Please! Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(256 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment