Thursday, June 9, 2022

actively seeking solace

 Thursday, June 9, 2022 (5:48 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I’m confessing to feeling unsettled by circumstances over which I have absolutely no control. I’m coming straight to You.


Well, that isn’t quite true!


I have spent literal hours seeking distraction from my thoughts. Curiosities. Concerns.


Here I turn again to You Dear Lord. Actively seeking solace. In Your Word. Speak to me I ask. Guide. Direct. Instruct. Lead.


My Life Is In You, Lord All

(7:18 a.m.)

You are REALLY God


That was going to say, really GOOD, God! This works too. You really ARE God!! Thank You that You are.

(8:05 a.m.)


Informational phone calls. Attempt to encourage texts and emails. Wanting desperately to put the focus on You.


Mistakes abound. There’s still a drought. Horribly hot temperatures in the forecast. Social and political unrest surround us. And then there’s You. Always You!


Thank You Father! I get to actively seek Your solace. Just by settling my mind on Your Word of Truth and promises.


Thank You that there are no mistakes with You. You know exactly all You are doing. Things You allow to transpire.


So often, these days especially, I imagine You shaking Your head. Possibly even forming the statement, “I tried to tell them.”


We are errant children Lord. We have used and abused the paradise You provided us. We’ve polluted the air and the water. And while we are fully aware, we continue with business as usual. Forgive us Lord. Change our hearts and our ways.

(8:23 a.m.)


The smile on my face and heart could not possibly be any larger. Thinking I was turning to Psalm 39:7, the words I was reading made very little sense to me. Looking around for better context, I found I had flipped over into Job instead.


Thank You Lord that even here You have so much to teach me. Thank You that I am learning to leave self-criticism behind.

(12:02 p.m.)

And here, I will try again.


Thank You for the opportunity to make a reverse chicken noodle soup. Combining an already cooked chicken with a broth made separately and simmering it with freshly cut veggies allowed extra love to be added at each juncture.


Holy God, please use this fairly tasty offering to seep deep into every aspect of my dear big brother’s being. We love You. We need You in our lives so very much.


That’s just it! We are so very aware of our need for You in every single aspect of our lives!


Father, YOU know Your absolute best for each of us. Continue doing all You must in helping us choose to be honest, open and willing in heeding Your call to us.


Thank You for providing me so very much solace throughout this day. Praise You, Lord. Use me. Amen.

(467 words ~ 1:08 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment